St Mary’s RC Primary School, Chepstow – Ysgol Gynradd Santes Fair Cas Gwent
St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary is a successful school that serves the parish of St Mary’s and St Paul’s. The school has been open since 1969 and is attended by children from the local area of Chepstow as well as accommodating pupils from as far a field as Caldicot, Magor and Beachley. St Mary’s welcomes pupils of all faiths to attend our school.
St Mary’s is proud of our loving and caring atmosphere amongst pupils and staff. We strive to create a learning environment that is interesting and innovative for all pupils. We provide excellent curriculum activities for a range of pupil interests and talents and also extend this to extra curricular activities after school hours and at weekends.
St Mary’s Primary is set in a picturesque location in the heart of Chepstow. The school has two playgrounds, a large field and spacious classrooms. We not only have our own excellent facilities for learning but we also take advantage of other excellent facilities in the local area such as Chepstow Leisure Centre, Magor Marsh and our secondary school St Joseph’s RC Comprehensive in Newport.
Based on our Catholic faith, St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School seeks to promote the Gospel message of Jesus Christ as the foundation of its existence
We, as a caring community of learning, combine innovation and tradition to enable each individual to achieve their full potential.
As a school we:
- Teach the Catholic faith, to help children grow in all aspects of their spiritual and moral development.
- Recognise and encourage the uniqueness and value of each individual, by nurturing and developing each child’s self-worth and ability.
- Provide a balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum in pursuit of high academic excellence.
- Help create a Christian community, uniting the home, the school, the Catholic parish and the wider community.
- Welcome children of all faiths to join the school community.
Our Mission Statement
Learning for Life with Christ as our Light
Organisation of School
The school admits children in the school year in which they are five. Children attend school from 4-11 years of age and transfer to Secondary Education at the age of 11 years.
The children are in mixed ability classes according to age. Classes at present average between 28 – 30 Methods of teaching are so arranged as to allow each child to progress and develop at his/her own pace. There is a mixture of class, group and individual teaching.